Monday, May 26, 2008

The Greatest show.......


I promised pictured.Sorry. The camera broke. I was pissed.

I've heard so much hype about this concert over the past couple of months that I had an idea of what to expect. Nothing could've prepared me for that man. The opening acts were all dope, kinda pissed I missed Lupe but I've seen him perform more times than I got fingers so I wasn't sweating it like that. We got to our seats, didn't like em so we find some new ones and sat down as N.E.R.D started. They immediatly made me get back up and put on one hype ass show. "Everybody Nose" is my official party record, and "spazz" sounds so much better live. Pharrell trully did the rock star. Rhianna shut it down, I heard Kanye redesigned her performance, it was sick either way and watching it made me realise that rhianna got some hits.....The world got built, the smoke came on and that spaceship started talking "Wake up Mr.West" Kanye appeared in the middle of the stage and began spitting Good morning. I heard how Kanye had built this whole world around him and a storyline involving his spaceship, it all didn't take hold for me until "I Wonder" where the ground turned into the sky and the background became outerspace and suddenly we're flying right along with him, from that point on I was gone on whatever journey Kanye was taking me on. Every song fit perfectly into the story and rocked the house. To be able to see 1000's of people losing their minds to "Can't tell me nothing" is a beautiful thing. "Flashing Lights" my favorite Kanye record ever put me in a whole other zone only to be bested by "stronger." What was really amazing was that for the whole set Kanye rocked the stage by himself(Lupe came out @ the end for touch the sky) and he killed it by himself. It was the greatest performance I'VE ever seen by an artist and it was an incredible experience. The bar has been set greatness. Sorry you missed it. Peace....

No comments: