Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Found.......

Found

Maybe we should've listened to our instincts.
The quiet screams that reside in the back of our minds.
Red lights and warning signs.
Find our excitement at the idea.
Or ignoring.
Exploring.
Knowing that what we recognize is getting to harder to find.
The farther we climb.
In search of our own dreams, we stumble into each other.
Tripping, Trying hard not fall in.
When we've already learned what goes into it.
Or that you never really make it out.
But then we're making out.
Waking up to eyes as piercing as my own.
Just hoping they don't stab me in the back.
I suppose you were feeling the same.
Our back stories don't lend well to trust.
And things of that nature.
Another sign that we shouldn't become us.
Friends fuss.
Give no fuck.
I do what I want.
and what I want is you.
I'd say for the moment but that'd be a lie.
A disguise I placed on those I never expected to last.
Instead I find something I never expected to have.
Back.
The problem of course lies in our paths.
Similar in only their destinations.
Separate.
Differences fit us more than our similarities.
Pulling our hands as we try to hold ours together.
Yes, to young to think forever but it never hurt to try.
and we both deny the truth like it never hurt to lie.
When it does.
So life again removes from me a reason to love.
Since I've long fallen out with the lights in the club.
Point them to the stage.
Words on the page.
Say more than what I choose to lead with.
Filling the empty spaces we both chose to leave with.
Indeed it seems that the flaw is in timing.
Yesterdays interwtined between yours and mines
and we both try to hold on to whats getting harder to find.
The farther we climb.
Maybe in the past.
Before we knew what it all meant.
Or the future.
Once we've conquered what's ours.
The sun and the stars will choose to align
or some shit like that.
and the idea of us, could be more than a thought.
for now, I'm just thankful for what's no longer lost.
But found.
Man no longer down.
Just hoping time will tell me if what I saw in the start.
Can exist.
Even if the world wishes to pull it apart.
Thank you for showing me out of the dark.
And helping me find my way back.
To where I last left my heart......

No comments: