Thursday, April 29, 2010

Doors. Closing.......

The nights air calls for these moments.
Standing underneath the heated lights,
taking in the day and letting it go with each exhausted breath.
Wind slowly circles us as we stand here on the platform,
waiting for a train that never manages to meet us on time.
Rather than focus on scheduling conflicts we focus on ourselves.
Flashes of the days events sweep through our minds as we hope we did good enough,
said enough, worked enough to make tomorrow a little easier.
Uncertainty resides here,
the mystery of not knowing whether or not happiness is going to be at that door
when you step off at your destination.
Playing guessing games in your own mind, just to past the time.
Lucky me, my watch looks pretty dope, almost as good as the skyline of our home town at night.
It's a shame we plan to leave her soon, but that's another journey for another night.
Between our own ambitions and fears we find ourselves here,
both waiting for the right line to take us home.
Hopefully I'll have it ready when our eyes meet, and tell our mouths to speak.
Your beautiful, style like you just hopped out of lookbook and I notice your bag says Columbia.
Is your load to heavy luv, I could carry that for you.
Maybe for this ride we can travel side by side, instead from across the aisle.
Maybe tonight we'll find what we both have in common weighs more than our differences,
one less load to carry.
Maybe we'll discover more of one another and wonder why it took so long to say hello.
I know life has a funny way of playing when it comes to the footnotes.
I could tell you that I think your amazing but I'm sure you've heard it before.
Hell, what's one more, just a compliment to the well deserved.
I'm aware I can come off arrogant from the distance, I apologize.
But you'll find I wear humble well, if you take the time to get past hi.
Maybe tonight won't be the night our ends meet but that doesn't mean we can't find a beginning.
A in between where we discover what it truly means, to feel.
To be real with another person and not feel the worse for revealing who are, but made to be a star.
At least you are in my eyes, if I could get off my high horse, to say hi.
But before I can form the words, my phone speaks first.
Introductions will have to wait, because I have to take this call.
Regretfully so, but cest la vie when my dreams are more important than your intro.
Maybe life is telling me something, and as always, picks the worst way to show it.
"She's the one and we know it, but now is not the time sir, that would just be a mistake.
Because the path you've chosen is taking you this way"
So I remain where I stand, knowing less than your name as you board the train that says midway. Doors closing.

No comments: