Monday, April 5, 2010

The Simple things.......


Picture from Unscene Media.....

I don't ask for much. Just happiness. Just the ability to live my live doing what it is I love, with the people I love. Just the chance to make something incredible out of nothing and to share that chance with the rest of you. I suppose we're all the same. In search of ourselves, and once found, trying to share the findings. Writing "Purple" was a part of the journey. The music doesn't sound like anything I've done before. I didn't care if I was writing a Hip Hop song, if I was writing a poem, if I was making a pop song, because their all real. They all stem from real minutes and moments, people and places. I didn't want to hold back my energy just because I thought so and so would dislike it. That's not our place. According to someone close to me "There is no one who is similar to us, we are all unique. Placed here to change the planet, one being at a time." We're meant to do more than exist, and some of us lose ourselves in just that. We forget how amazing it is. Sometime I feel like that's what artists are here for, to point out how incredible these moments are. I'm a few weeks away from closing a huge chapter of my life, or just turning another page. "Sky Blue Diamonds" dropped last week, and the love it's been getting is insane. I want to say Thank You to everyone who DL'd the song, and helped spread the word. Illy! I'm excited to share the rest of "Purple" with you guys. Trust me, it's going to be nasty. Disgusting. Sick. Lol, good. I feel like these projects are just chapters, another section of the story being written. This one is growth. Or maybe I'm just older. Turning 23 this year. Graduating. Loved and loving. Working on something incredible. A statement. Rehearsing these songs with my band The Smoking Section, getting ready. Loving the future. Because it's looking good. Really that's all it take. The simple things......

No comments: