Thursday, October 28, 2010

Empire state of mind.


I fell in love with the city before I landed....that's a lie. I actually fell in love with the girl sitting next to me on the plane over. Some dark haired british girl from australia. Yea, she looks as good as that backstory is random. We talked for most of the 2 hour flight and I was convinced that she was the one when the New York skyline distracted me. We landed midday, said our goodbyes exchanged numbers and then went our separate ways to get lost in the city. Me & Srowe managed to have an awesomely memorable 5 days, thanks to CMJ, NYU college girls, a party bus full of Columbians and the city itself. The energy in New York is incredible, it's so alive and it feels like everyone is into everything. It's a city that challenges you, and makes you feel like if your not on your shit you should just go home. I think I saw every part of the city except queens and the bronx but I was assured I wasn't missing anything. I laid a verse down in bedstuy, brooklyn and had my own personal Hip hop moment. 5 points. Double rainbow all the way NY. Landing in Chicago, I'm feeling good. Refreshed, and inspired. We're deep in the season now, and everyday I'm reminded of how incredible we all are. We're on an incredible journey and I'm just grateful too have you guys here with me. Me and The Smoking Section are performing this Halloween @ Goose Island, if your in town come check us out. About to shut.shit.down.status. My next mixtape -Where Anything Goes- is nearly done, I just had to go back in and fix a few things. We're still holding auditions for the Lights Out video, and preparing this RayBan visual ad....All of which leads us to -Purple- I can't wait for you guys to hear it, I'm more proud of this work than anything I've done before and I just want to deliver it to you guys right. So, this is where we are, and we know we're going. Thank you for coming with. Let's go.

No comments: