Monday, March 21, 2011

On the road......

Somewhere between California & Texas. Maybe Arizona......

We were supposed to have a ride. Some simple plan to take us to Austin for SXSW and then a plane ticket to Chicago. An amazing 2nd half, to a already amazing vacation. But it wasn't meant to be. It's something about the sun in California, some sort of energy that yanks your eyes open like some existential pair of pliars. New York makes you want to work, it makes you want to grind out your lifes ambitions until you reach the mountain top. California makes you want to stop for a moment and look around, celebrate some shit before continuing that long walk up. My trip definitely didn't go as planned, but I'd say it was incredible none the less. I took a moment and celebrated some shit. Took the road less traveled and decided to see a little bit of this country from the ground floor. Kerouac would be proud, although I had to play both saint and sinner on this journey. Part Jack, part Neal, all me and the mountains. Passing by these natural sky scrapers and finding peace in just being. One of those rare moments when somehow being alone makes you feel closer to the rest of the world. Imagining the million before you who walked here, only pushes you harder to make your footprint count. I plan on seeing all that this planet has to offer before I die. I'm working to make sure there are many trips in my future but this one will always stand out. Because it could've gone sooooo many ways and instead chose to take me on the path that it did. Inspired. We live incredible lives you and I, thank god, it's only getting started.......

No comments: