Monday, July 21, 2008

No name greatness........

I remember watching "If I ruled the world" video when I was younger. That was the first time I got really exposed to this brother who was/is/will be hailed as one of Hip Hop's greatest products. Later when I was playing catch up I copped Illmatic and from there I was a fan. Me and Nas were cool up until Nastradamus.....after that, wasn't really fuckin wit dude. So fast forward past regaining my ears on Stillmatic, the good vibes of god's son, the depth on Streets Disciple and the inspiration on Hip Hop is dead, Nas comes back with this. "Nigger" is probably the most excited I've been about a Nas album since Hov woke him up on Still.....The project doesn't disappoint as Nas takes us on a journey that by the end should change the way you look @ yourself, the word, and the world around it. This one should be one of his classics. Real talk. Dope.

Listening to: Nas "Y'all my niggas"

No comments: