Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My President is.......



So this was it. The day we've been waiting for since we heard he wanted to run. I know you saw it and if you haven't you will because this moment, is as great a moment we will come to see. Our generation is the one. The chosen, the ones who pick up the torch our parents and grandparents left us. Our country is f'd up. I could go into details but we've all heard them too many times, our country is f'd up. The past decade we've all spent with a shitty look on our faces, knowing every new news story was going to make us cringe. I voted for Obama not just because he was black, its not that easy. America wouldn't have just given him the reigns just because he's black. I voted because I believe in his vision, because it is the same one that most of us want to have about our country, because I believe he is the leadership we need to head into the future, because I believe we will have a better chance at succeeding with someone who actually cares sitting in the bosses chair. Because he's black, that just adds icing to the cake. This moment is historic, legendary, unbelievable, great. He's been hyped up to the moon but I think he's one of those rare individuals that can live up to it. Being realistic, we all know that tomorrow will not hold a refund check for the last 8 years and Osama Bin Ladden won't be caught and terror abolished next week. But the difference is we have someone who is smart enough to figure out how to get there. When I was young, they use to say "you can be whatever you want, you can be president of the united states" that statement was never realistic to me. When I tell my children, years from now they can be the president of the united states, they'll be able to believe me. Tell me you don't at least feel better knowing that this day in 2009. History was made. Things are going to change. I'm proud to say my president is black.....

No comments: