Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome to 09'.

Here we are. A brand new year. 2009.
2008 was so insane in soooo many ways. From the stranglehold of Lil Wayne + T-Pain, the country losing its mind and its money and acknowledging the change that is needed. I don't even gotta say what 08 will be forever remembered for but I will. Obama.
Meanwhile me. I spent this year rebuilding, see 2007 knocked the lil homie on his ass and alot of things that should've been weren't. But you grow and you learn, we teach ourselves from our mistakes. I've grown more in the past two years then the first 19 years of my life allowed me too. My head space is somewhere else now, their's a inner belief and drive that's telling me to go for broke. To go wherever I want to and to point the middle finger at whatever wants to prevent me from reaching that point. I welcome 2009 with a outlook that took me a minute to find, but I'm here now. It's going to start slowly, subtly, but trust that by the end of this year, them 3 letters I rock with will mean alot more to more people then myself. I'm trying to start something, to create something and represent the idea that we are what we say we are. So happy new years. Yes, I'm late but me and CP time have a long history, apparently so does the world as far I'm concerned. Its cool though, we're about to find the right time. This first mixtape is really just a clean-up. I had to give you the music I've been sitting on for a minute, the product of perfectionism. From there, I'm not stopping. I'm not alone, it's something bubbling under the surface and all of us feel it. We all know this year is going to be incredible for all of us. So let's get it in together. We are the future they've been talking about. Hello 09'


Go. Hard.

No comments: