Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Shoes......

The distance can kill you.
Between what your headed towards.
and what you've left behind.
Lost more then your mind.
On this journey with no certain destination.
But still.
We go on.
Persuaded by those who've made it back to tell their story.
Knowing at the same time that yours will be greater.
If you can live to write it.
Or recite it
and not give in to your vices.
Ha.
But your wrongs make you who you are.
Flawed Perfection at its best.
Letting me know the same blood beats in both of our chests.
We don't fear the journey.
Whatever its pitfalls may be only make us stronger.
What we fear is never trying.
Staring at the sky everyday.
But never flying.
Fuck that.
The distance. They say.
Will kill you.
Be smart and throw in the towel. Disown your vows.
Save the grass for the cows and call it simple.
But they already know.
Bull headed, thus is the zodiac.
You can't pull your soul from the bottom just to throw it back.
No sir.
We don't desire simplicity.
Just to reach where our feet want to take us.
Enjoying the distance. We celebrate it.
The top isn't the top without the bottom.
Success isn't success without failure.
and a list of other quotes.
Prefer turbulence to just staying afloat.
Especially when I put my life into building this boat
Give us the storm.
Tell us we should stay inside where its warm and forget these ambitions.
Obviously,
We don't listen.
Except to our hearts.
The only map I could ask for.
Life's too rich to act poor.
As long as I'm alive for act 4.
I'll be the rolling stone.
Until we're the Rolling Stones.
And I then the journey starts again.
The distance. They said will kill you.
Good thing I brought my good shoes....

No comments: