Monday, September 7, 2009

Lost & Found.....

Lost & Found.....Maybe you can help me.
I seem to have lost you.
Misplaced you somewhere between tonight and tomorrow morning.
Between the bedroom and the dancefloor
surrounded by a thousand sounds.
A hundred smiles
From girls I never noticed were beautiful before.
Lights fill the empty spaces between our reflections
and our hearts.
But all I keep thinking is that I want you.
Back.
The familiar find me in this place, caught between enjoying this time
and missing what might never have been mine to begin with.
You've left me here, underneath the camera flashes.
and raised glasses.
Celebration lonely, with a loss for words.
I guess you've taken them with you.
Somewhere between the bottle
and the drink in my hand, I misplaced yours.
And I promise I didn't mean to.
Just got caught in the moment, when the stage meant more.
Than you did.
But I can't be blamed for that, you knew that was bound to happen.
In fact, that's why you came with.
Because I don't deliver the same shit that your use to.
So how could I lose you.
Here.
Where the music pulls strangers into eachother.
If only for a second.
Bodies become closer then friends.
Party.Party.Party
and then it ends.
Wasted.
Comforting confusion surrounds me.
and this where I normally would lose myself
But nows not the time,
not when every face I run into is a pale comparison.
To yours.
Should I just settle then, for a tomorrow filled with questions.
Although these nights tend to never give answers.
Just piffed out rooms with private dancers.
All searching for the same thing.
Maybe your in on it to.
Drifting in and out of these moments
Where the crowd holds more pull than the wall does.
And for 5 minutes its the only place you don't have a wall up.
Thank god for those minutes
I just wish I could spend them with you.
Instead of searching for your replacements.
Who all seem to deliver the same shit that I'm used to.
The same story. On repeat.
You give me something different.
See, Interesting is to small, and Amazing is to grand.
Your right there, in the middle of perfect.
Rare. Aware that your rare.
Something worth searching for.
But its getting harder to find you,
When I'm losing myself.
Somewhere between the last song and the next.
Probably in the same place we split.
Let's hope this isn't permanent.
Though I know we're meant to be one way or the other.
But since both of us are lost.
It might be a little harder
To find eachother......

No comments: