Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Beautiful Ones.....

I just really love this picture. Amerie Ftw.

The Beautiful Ones.

I've never seen you before.
Rare words in a space so familiar.
This must be your song.
Because you move like they made it for you.
I've been here before.
Ready to scream what the hell
In the sight of an angel.
Missing you before I even know you.
Words you've heard a million times before.
Escape before I have the chance to hold them in.
What's your name.
Where's your man.
Here's a ring
Where's your hand.
Moving too fast but the world is moving faster.
I suppose before we dive in.
There are things I could ask you.
Like do you believe in shooting stars.
Love at first sight.
Nights that become days
And Days that last forever.
Could you believe that your everything I ever wanted
and nothing I ever expected.
All in the same glance.
I've heard the stories they tell about you.
That you rip hearts from their homes.
Bring them to the unknown
and the leave them.
Everytime. The Beautiful Ones hurt you.
Everytime.
But then you've heard the same about me and mine.
So who I am to judge.
When we could settle for the bar.
Whispers in your ear, but the music is much louder.
The drinks are much stronger.
Than either of us.
So do we leave it at lust.
Or reach for more than life promises.
You are heaven sent after all.
And although my arms are to short to box with god
I'll settle for the feel.
of an angel.

No comments: