Monday, October 19, 2009

Kanye West - We were once a fairytale....

Ok so watching this video for the first time, I was amazed, disgusted, confused and inspired all at the same time, which is the mark of good art in my book. The "Spike Jonze" joint is definitely a creative visual and a look into Kanye's psyche. (Even though this is a parody) The mini-film is sad and kind of heartbreaking, I picture the big homies empty life. I think the main moral of the film is the killing of ones inner demons. Getting rid of the things that terrorize us and make us crazy. While these things do serve as a creative force (I definitely have made more music because of my demons than my angels.) They sometimes can cause us to lose ourselves in them. I think this was a dope way to present it. Kind of genius. Or maybe I read to deep into these things.....


No comments: