Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Rockets......

Rockets....

Unsure moments fill the gaps now.
Between yesterday and tomorrow.
With time moving so fast that the two seem to drift into each other.
Some permanent limbo we don't choose to get stuck in.
But we find ourselves here.
When we're apart.
So now I have to wonder if I'll found my way back to you.
Searching at the bottom of this glass
or the cloud of smoke that surrounds me like new cologne.
The new fragrance, El Canibi for men.
But I'd prefer the scent of you in the end.
So I search for your replacements, since you want to play Carmen.
But I always end up staring into your reflection.
The photocopy of perfection
but missing a soul.
Who thinks me Tiger Woods while filling these holes.
Lucky me, I don't play golf.
I gave up games for what became more of the same.
So I stay lost.
Floating on the thickest clouds.
With hopes that my freedom lies in the UP.
Telling myself and the world that I don't really give a fuck.
Shorty, I'm a rocket man.
High as a kite, flyy in the night.
But know one sees me land in the daylight.
Except a song or 2.
Writing life as I see it, except your not in it.
Of course I'm not alone, but it doesn't feel like I'm winning.
Even when they tell me that I've already won.
As if the rest doesn't matter because I'm already young.
So, Live your life, have a drink.
Take time to pray, time to think.
But remember that your days move the same as a blink.
So just don't close your eyes.
I suppose .
That's how I lost you in the first place.
and ended up in this place unknown.
Far from home in pursuit of happiness
and space.
Riding on stars but mars is no place to stand on.
And these days earth is no place to land on.
So I stay afloat,
Until my words slur and sentences break off.
Love hard and hate soft.
But I know its hard to stay grounded
When your heart wants to take off......

No comments: