Tuesday, January 5, 2010

6 years of inspirement......



Let's run this back. Too around 2003, I was in my junior year of Highschool, still rocking the throwback jerseys and the gerbaud strap jeans. I had cut the fro off by then and anything that the ROC touched back then was fire. I remember when "Through the wire" came out and I thought it was one of the dopest records I heard, from the way the music was sampled to the rhymes themselves. For me, Jay will always be the greatest MC, but for a decade now I've been more inspired by Kanye. For better or worse, College Dropout changed the face of Hip Hop, from what the culture was wearing to what we were talking about. The album was honest, it was fun, it was catchy. It sounded both fresh yet classic at the same time, and suddenly their were soul samples in all of my beats. The genious of the album was that it offered something to any and everyone. It was pure passion, ambition, and creativity, and inspired the rest of us to pursue those same goals. TO ME, Kanye has always been one of the dopest in the realms of modern artisty, lol yea.....all that. Late Registration helped me see the light after my first huge relationship, Graduation was the perfect soundtrack to my own pursuits of proving myself as an artist of worth. 808's and Heartbreaks caught me dead in between the transition from losing the love of my life to coming into my own. Every time, after listening to a Ye album, I found myself inspired and feeling better than I had. Isn't the basic goal of this music that we make, to inspire people and to make them feel something. To always strive to make the best music that you can and to open people up to the thoughts and emotions we all have inside of us. To connect. That's what College Dropout did, and that's what Kanye has always done. Connect.
Thanks for the inspiration.




No comments: