Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So that was 09........


This is 2010.

2009 was an incredible year. Their was so many things that I wanted to accomplish last year and lucky me, most of them came to fruition. In some ways 09 felt like a beautiful ass blur, fueled on energy drinks and vodka shots. Somewhere between two mixtape, two music videos and URB Magazine placing me in their 09 Next 100 issue I found my voice. This year, summarizing this decade, has been a growing one. It has been one of both cocnfusion and discovery. Realizing who you are and what you want out of life is a beautiful thing and I hope we all found that this time around. I admit, I'm still growing, I don't plan on that part ending any time soon, but I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. I just want to say thank you to each and every person on this journey with me. I know its a long ass road, and we don't have GPS and gas is high, lol. To All the new characters in this television show of a life and the permanant cast still around after season 9. Thank you. I'm excited for season 10, because I have a feeling that this year, this decade, are going to be incredible. With -Purple- in the works, I'm hoping to capture this never ending journey we've all been on. The music I'm making now, just feels good, and I can't wait for you guys to hear it. I have so many things I want to accomplish this year, and I know I will. Ambition is a hell of a drug. I'm not going to say that 2010 is "our year" because honestly I feel like every year is our year. We just have to be brave enough to claim them. So let's claim this one out the gate. We know what we're capable of. This decade belongs to us, now let's see what we do with it.

Much Luv x Respect. 2 Fingers.

2 comments:

DeLanda said...

Amen my Beautiful G-Nephew, and may God stay with you and guide your every move (I know He understands the reason for the Language and I hope he pardons some of the Lyrics), yet I also know that it is He that has gifted you (along with inheritage :D) with the Talents of Voice, Flow, Rhyme and Rhythm and most of all BRAIN POWER.

Jan said...

I enjoyed reading your interpretation of your play of life. It's being orchestrated by the best and you are walking in your destination with such wonderful grace and strength. The Lord is your Shephard and you will not want. 2010 will be even more remarkable. Just remember always who in the conductor of this play.
2010, Graduation!!!, and success to all of your endeavours.
I love you .
Ma