Saturday, January 16, 2010

Red Tags..........

Red Tags..........

I can only see in the dark.
Because I forget to look for you in the morning.
Maybe because the sun never has anything interesting to say.
But the night holds us both captive.
Surrounds us in stars and tells us to celebrate.
Who am I to refuse it.
To not take advantage of this moment when so many lose it.
The lost.
Drowning in chamapgne bottles.
Fuck it.
This is afterhour royalty.
Which would explain the dutches.
Escaping into the moments that define us.
Until the morning after reminds us both.
We're still human.
But I don't mind it.
Rather I fall for your imperfections.
Beautiful flaws that draw a paralell to mine.
We're on the same shit.
Every time.
Drawing lines in the sand
Even though we both know we'll cross it.
Loving the future.
Embracing the past.
Knowing that tonight will never last.
Throwing answers at the pillows.
With questions we will never ask.
Rather we should bask in the limbo.
Between the full glass and empty promises.
When we're both the most concious
and honest.
One more shot from turning you on.
And turning off my phone.
So I'm not repeating the same things.
Hoping theirs truth in what we'll soon say we ain't mean.
Enjoying that the night brings about my daydreams.
Making sure I keep it all close to my pocket.
Until I change jeans.........

No comments: