Monday, February 8, 2010

Lost in translation....


Lost in translation.....

How to begin.
Is the question.
I've never been good at introductions.
I'm better in the post.
Shared words between friends
Until that story ends. And we start writing another.
Captivated.
Caught in between each other.
And I never saw it coming.
So use to running. But you'd rather walk.
So use to screaming. But you'd rather talk.
Words amongst the pillows.
Voices we both fall asleep to.
But I've heard all the "I want you's"
Wrote all the "I need you's"
I'm just not sure if they are what they seem.
If tomorrow we'll wake up and believe what we mean.
I mean. 
Maybe I'm just cynic.
Afraid to admit I'm afraid of some shit.
Or I'm just not made out to fit.
You.
Or vice versa.
That would be cool.
If life was a 3 feet pool and we left it all at the surface.
But I find myself diving.
On purpose.
Complicated cursive, makes you all the much harder to read.
Or maybe I'm too busy writing my story.
To look into yours.
And notice how your eyes look different from before.
When we only took glances.
Romantics. Afraid to take chances.
Just concerned with who has the advantage.
and I never lose.
On a path that in the past I don't think I would choose.
But then.
I've always been down for the road less taken.
The pursuer of dreams that require you chase them.
I don't mind the company. 
Just bring along patients.
A virtue or two to keep us both from the brink.
and a drink. Simple requests.
Leave them or take them.
Open invitation.
Let's just promise to be honest.
So we don't get lost in translation......



No comments: