Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doing 100 on a 65........

Doing 100 on a 65

Don't push me.
I'm too Close to the edge.
But.
Unafraid of falling,
Since I've already learned to fly.
So if you do choose to shove.
Know that I shove back.
Fighting for more than just a few minutes.
or mere moments.
No I fight for you.
For us.
For the feeling I get, with every new step.
New born.
still struggling for breath.
Hoping each day brings a small yes
When the rest of the world is telling me no.
Signs bright red.
But I've never been one to slow down
Let alone stop.
Not before I reach my destination.
Aware that it may take time.
Traveling unfamiliar roads, with the vaugest of maps.
Caught between the shade and the sun.
Young.
And of course the journey is half the fun.
Easy to get lost here.
Between knowing what you want
and having it.
In the party of life.
The best of us get stuck at the limbo table.
But I'm done playing.
Surrounded by words,
Birds who think moving forward is absurd.
But I'm tired of staying.
I need motion..
Loose emotions at the door.
At least I use to.
In pursuit of you I think I've found them again.
Keeping them on hand.
As I get use to walking on land.
So as not drown them again.
Hounded by naysayers
Who staying I'll never reach the sun.
When I'm already shining.
Tell me again how I'll never find the peak
When I'm already climbing.
Unafraid of failure.
Temporary condition.
One need merely get back into standing position.
Excuse my vision.
Might be in need of a new perscription
Because all I've ever seen.
Is you.
Before I knew if you were a person place or thing.
I knew what you meant.
Or mean.
I claimed you at the median
Before I could walk.
So what made you think I'd forget.
When I learned how to run.
or fly.
So close I can touch you.
But yet so far.
Like the closest star
still million of miles away from my grasp.
Which means I better move fast.
If I want to catch up.
Gas up the car and gun it.
Go 100 when the road says 65
When our mission is to live these lives.
In pursuit of you.
Then I'm winning.
Found me grinning, that of the chestire
Worn out tires.
Driven.
Past what you tell me is possible and what isn't.
When impossible is only that.
If we didn't.
Fight.

No comments: