Monday, March 1, 2010

In Between Perfect..........

In between perfect......

Half empty champagne bottles.
Sit between us.
But then, I should be looking at them as half-full.
While I try to find the words.
To explain the unexplainable.
What was thought to be unattainable.
At least to me.
Who stopped trying to reach.
Figured these moments interchangeable.
But never changing.
I should practice what I preach.
At the very least.
If not for you than for me.
In search of some inner peace that seems to escape me.
Except when I find it in you.
Can you blame me for being a little confused.
At the idea that tonight might last until tomorrow.
When I'm still recovering from yesterday.
I, so use to the cold on some yellow brick road.
Playing the tin man. Heartless.
With memories that aren't so easy to part with.
Still sitting on my shoulder.
You'd think us being old this would be simple.
But that's what the wine is for.
6 feet thoughts, but then that's what time is for.
Find myself thinking what's mine is yours.
But I'm selfish.
Far to stuck in my ways.
To find the right words to say.
when I'm sober.
Which would explain the long nights.
When I land from a flight
With more on my mind then before I left.
Hoping its not a stretch
To wonder what's next.
If I'm allowed to enjoy it.
When life keeps flashing the red.
Its, cool.
I've never been one to follow the rules.
or a code. I hate being told.
Can't I just be.
With you.
Maybe.
If we survive what comes after the surface.
It could be.
Worth it.
To actually take a page from these verses
and hope we just land somewhere in between perfect.
and real...

No comments: