Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Journey is half the fun (SXSW)..........

SXSW.
WaS.
IncrediblE.

As last minute as the thought was, capturing those 3 days and making them our own was probably one of the best experiences I've had in a while. Freedom. For the record, Austin TX is a dope city, and a perfect spot to give the music industry a vacation. I swear I ran into and everybody down there, and it was funny to find most of my hometown had decided to relocate as well. Shout out to everyone we got to link up with down there from IM KING to UNI to the big homie Tensta and all of my Chicago fam. To see all these amazingly creative people in their element was enough inspirement to continue. See time is moving faster than we give it credit for and the days are beginning to blend into one another. Maybe that's because I'm moving just as fast, trying to stay a step ahead, I don't want to slow down. Unless its for the music. -Purple- is almost finished. I think we're 2 or 3 songs away, waiting on verses from guest spots and mixing it down, to call it a finished. Tomorrow I'm putting out "Sky Blue Diamonds" I think its ready now. I'm so excited to put this thing out, it marks a new zone I feel I've entered. I don't think it sounds like anything I've done, you determine for yourself whether its good or bad but I know it feels right for me. The Bartendaz tape "-Happy Hour- is almost finished as well, every song on that thing is a hit waiting to be heard. Needless to say #Chicagoiswinning. Not only that, but on the way home from Texas, I heard that Health Care Reform was finally passed after a year of struggle. A year of watching Obama fight to bring some change to a country stuck in the same. To watch him win is always inspiring, because in a way I feel the same. Fighting to bring something new, something different to a world stuck in the same. Like pharrel said, we're all fighting the same battle, for individuality. I think we're winning. The future looks good.

Sky Blue Diamonds drops tomorrow. Hope you guys dig it.

#Purple

Push.

No comments: