Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hot Sauce.

The fire baby.

It'll burn us both.

Hanging off the edge of temptation.

More than ready to let go.

Is giving in, giving up?

Not where I'm from

Eyes burn like candles from across the room.

Saying more than your lips will allow.

For now.

We knew where this would lead then.

Addictive personalities

High off life and other drugs

Flipping the coin in the air between lust and love.

But we don't really care where it lands.

Not when our nights are never ending.

And our mornings, new beginnings.

Good thing I brought my shades.

While I witness you shine

As the sun does a line

and rises.

Friends would rather pull us apart.

But what they fail to realize is

Other lames don't hang tight enough.

Other flames don't burn bright enough.

Too afraid to glow, they choose to be sillouetes.

While you burn brilliantly.

And I.

A little too flyy.

and thus easily distracted

By the light.



*High Times.

No comments: