Monday, September 27, 2010

In Pursuit........

The background image the people at Apple put together.

It's been a minute since we've spoken directly. I know the abstract posts on here are supposed to represent what I'm interested in but that doesn't mean it helps you with where my head is at. Right now it's hard to tell. On the one hand, my grandmother hasn't been feeling well, and as the oldest and only son, much of the burdens fall on my shoulder. It's not that I can't carry it, I've held much more but it sometimes irks me that I have nowhere to go with these thoughts. I can't relay them to the people closest to me, or at least I don't like to. So I leave my release for my music, which in turn I give to you. On the other hand, -High Times- has received alot of love and positive feedback, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has listened to it, if even for a moment. Your support means so much. You guys help keep me afloat on this journey we're on. I know the road is a long one, I was prepared for that when I set out. I also knew that it wouldn't be easy to achieve what I'm reaching for, but nothing worth anything ever is. In following my dreams, I choose to fight for them every day that I get out of bed. So be it. I've got so many ideas, so many things on the horizon. As a group, my team is amazing. C.Rich's -Voice of Reason- dropped to last week. The response to his project has been awesome to say the least. Fox is in Europe, working on a major label project right now, swag on 100,000. T's in ATL being a super saiyan. Me & The smoking section just performed at the Apple Store and have another show coming up on the 1st. I'm working on the video for -Lights Out- which we're trying to make better than anything we've done before. Forward motion. That's what we're all striving for. To continue pushing ourselves and the people around us to do better. To take things further. I tattooed my mission statement on my arm last year, and I think I've been living up to it. -Purple- is waiting in the wings,. It's delay due to the fact that I want it to have the impact I think it deserves. I'm so proud of the music that's there. I'm so proud of the people that helped me create it. The things that we're doing. I'm proud of all of us, for continuing forward, striving for what we know we deserve. I'm just proud. Even when the world feels dark around me, its these thoughts that keep me lit. I just had to take a moment, before I got back to work. Middle of the road blues, but it's ok I can see the other side from here. One foot in front of the other, let's go.


No comments: