Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The words I write........

Lyrics to the song "Freefall" off my upcoming mixtape "Where Anything Goes: Volume 1"

JDP- Free Fall
-----------------------

Stare out window, and wonder just what you hear for
Are you.
Another hero, or someone who's light is way overdue
or just a person, who found himself in his verses
don't run.
just try.
to open your eyes.

Pick up the pen, peices of me into a thesis,
effortless emotion admitted pressure decreases,
me against the world, a battle against self.
with pain forever calling no matter if its felt.,
healing to cover up holes in my feelings,
as they rain onto the paper like holes in my ceiling.
knowin that, the storm wont take long to clear up,
and then its just me in the mirror,
am i enough?
No world tours, or hundereds who came for me,
a dreamer just residing inside of the same cutty,
wondering if his talent can balance his inner wishes,
failure cannot occure hates washing his own dishes,
instant, looking as i go for the distant,
future without a map so i make do wit conviction,
im different, hoping that the world can notice.
or blind me so maybe then the world can focus.
ya dig.

Try to hide who you are, but you cant dim a star "let it go"
your sure of it all, like the writings on the wall "but you never know"
and its no one there, your free just to fall

and its so damn digital,
so damn criminal, does this shit even feel like it should
comin from a city feelin fresher where nobody will respect you less you do it like they do in the hood.
so im a take the stones they throwing,
because i know where my plans is,
and let me thank god for these chances,
survivin these crashes. and tellin me.
go be the melody, cause nobody's forgiven a felony.
so go figure, no figure or father to even bother so I just kick it wit people and follow my own voice. don't doubt me, wanna say im sure like im Al B,
resembeling the ending of alfie.
its cold winter,
no emotion makes it hard to connect,
and no devotion makes it hard to respect.
so its no love.
even ya homies only kno u like so much,
the world wanna get in tell em no sir, can't do it.

Try to hide who you are, but you cant dim a star "let it go"
your sure of it all, like the writings on the wall "but you never know"
and its no one there, your free just to fall

I read literary art, a writer in my heart,
depicting my own start as madness,
celebrate broke wit my people,
before money inducts the evils,
but within all i can find is sadness. smokin on habits,
knowing my fam is hoping I can follow thru whatever my plan is.
Tryin to put the world between wherever my hand is,
reluctant to give damn like my only true fan is, me
tryin to be better and finding a way too,
head staring in the clouds i plan on flying away too,
trying to ibeem, realitys imeem,
torn between being lennon or leaning to Iovine.
its my dreams. awsome like lifes a cumpulision,
caution spare the lights on my strife and emotion,
dont let em in, instead use the beat as my medicine.
and live it out today before tomorrow starts setting in. gone.

Try to hide who you are, but you cant dim a star "let it go"
your sure of it all, like the writings on the wall "but you never know"
and its no one there, your free just to fall.

JDP- Freefall

"Where Anything Goes: Volume 1" Coming soon.........

Shoutout to the homie Midas. Yessir.


Check out more music @
Myspace.com/uptopjdp

JDP- In the huddle
http://fakeshoredrive.com/2008/12/jdp-in-huddle.html

JDP- Beautiful One
http://thelemurblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-jdp-ish.html

Come check out the show w/Me, Que Billah, The Rocketeers, and more!!
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=67311825992&ref=mf

Peace.

No comments: