Thursday, December 18, 2008

A world of similarities......

It's all the same these days. The radio, the television, we're dead stuck in the era of formula. Everybody raps, its like breathing. In this journey of mine its not hard to run into a place where every person in the room raps. It doesn't feel special anymore when even though they suck terribly (no offense, a lot of you do, but who am I to judge) they can legitimately call themselves rappers. The down south movement in Hip Hop left is seriously wounded where nowadays every person with a 808 feels like they can make it. Wayne put his 2 cents in by saying fuck writing I just spit whats on my mind. The problem with this is, not everyone has interesting shit on their mind and it all comes out the same. Cat's don't even try. I give props where props is due, I try not to sleep on people. But everyone can't rap. It loses what made it special in the first place. Is "hipster" the new "gangster" (NOT coming at The Cool Kids, those are my dudes) I'm talking about the million clones who followed them. There is a influx of same going on, and its wack. I guess the point of this whole thing is that, please. Gauge your passion for this music thing because to some its our lives, and to others its just some way to get out of pursuing real career paths or a hobby to get hoes. At least TRY to make good MUSIC rather than just spit about how much SWAG you got. Now when this thing goes to the next level and cats start really making some next level ish (ie: what Wayne is on his way too, Kanye, Lupe) I want to see how many of you guys are ready to keep up. No hate. Just my thoughts.

No comments: