Monday, February 9, 2009

Nights like this....

Nights like this....

The night always comes home.
The same thoughts that drag you across the streets like cigarette smoke.
Or a greener kind in our case.
The streetlights constantly call you
Illuminating your footsteps
for just a little bit of direction in a moment so lost.
You smile because the stars are out.
Because the weather demands you enjoy yourself.
Who knows when the next time will be.
So you do.
Uninhibited.
Unafraid.
Unattached.
Alive.
Suddenly instead of looking up
You find yourself standing on the stars.
The lonely top.
The incredible void.
To be enjoyed, to be envied.
To be hated and loved all with the same hand.
To slow dance and sweat all in the same band.
What choice do you have.
When you belong to the nite air as much as it belongs to you.
Your main squeeze,
Compliment her gentle breeze
Enjoy her
She's usually much colder.
She knows your young heart
and that you live like your much older.
Brushes the dirt of your shoulder
And whispers slow secrets, tequila filled words.
Parties play the sentences with smoke filled curves.
Somewhere between the cold-hearted and its beautiful nerds.
Its on these nites you might find that I just like to observe.
Drink in every moment, another shot to put me right.
High off life.
The love of mine.
As she calls me again, to explain what is mine
and tells me what I don't have I should make time to find.
With her.
Dizzy from the feel.
The rush that comes.
With not giving a fuck.
For once, you might have the courage to jump.
Off those stars.
Trip into different bar.
When did I hop in the backseat of this car?
And follow the angels that claim her as well.
Am I one?
I should be, with all of these stories I tell.
I love her because she won't allow me to fail.
Comparisons pale.
Another cigarette,
Another drink.
The more time that we spend, the better I think.
Between this world and the brink.
And they ask what am I on.
She's part of my songs.
both prefer to be alone.
Until the morning
When I miss her
Because she feels like.
Home.

No comments: