Thursday, June 11, 2009

Heartless......

Heartless.

Not in my chest, it's much to big to fit there.
My lungs have a tough enough time trying squeeze in the air without you taking up space.
Nor on my sleeve which is already cluttered with other emotions
and button shirts.
No I'd much rather place you within my words.
It's easier to find meaning there, and exist with purpose.
In some transcendent space where people will remember what they saw.
And hope that you spread.
I place you in my words because they unlike my sleeves mean the most.
They are what keep me from going insane and drive me
Similar to what you do, but I feel you need to be relocated.
Paired up, the two of you together.
Unstoppable (c) santigold.
World leaders and legends have done the same so I feel like I'm in good company.
I know, I've disowned you in the past, denied your existence.
Refused to believe you belonged to me.
I left you when she left me, out to dry, on a rope somewhere.
Couldn't care.
Had no use for you really, placed you in a jar and myself in bar.
Wondering why it all never felt the same.
Voided spaces with no traces of what was there before.
I preferred you in a closet somewhere behind a door.
Even when you were needed.
Or somebody pleaded for you to show up
I wouldn't allow it.
But I see what the problem is, or was. I just didn't know what to do with you.
How to adapt because the old format wasn't working.
I apologize.
Reboot.
So here we are, finally found you a home, long overdue.
I think you'll do good here, amongst the most cherished.
Amongst the reason I need the chest space to breath in the first place.
You should feel honored really, if not than silly me
Perhaps I should've left you in that half eaten philly cheese
But I figured you deserved to be here.
You do.
Nothing besides these lines comes between me and you
Another wise decision.
Whether or not you believe me, we win in the end regardless
Because when their unable to find you inside my cold carcass
My words will still survive
and they won't be able to say I was, heartless....

No comments: