Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not by me, but def worth a read.....

Little girls/Big girls
By:DeShara Suggs Joe

I see little girls
that turn into big girls
who only care about how their apple bottom fits
barely passed high school
but sit on their stoops so pretty
waiting for their chance out the hood
with the local hood star

I see little girls
that turn into big girls
with no self esteem
fucking for love
that will never come
living inside a broken dream

I see little girls
that turn into big girls
with so much hate in their heart
the only thing that makes them smile
is seeing another person cry

I am the little girl
that turned into a big girl
always holding on to big dreams
temptation always around the corner
making plans with the devil to destroy
but God saved me

cracked out mamas
and long gone daddies
should not be deciding factors
for little girls

sex too soon
water broke
boom
another little girl born
to repeat a broken cycle
where making it out
seems like a fantasy
so easy to conform
to what live has handed you

but little girl
you are a shining star
pay more attention to history
instead of what is on 106 and park

a dream deferred is still a dream

No comments: