Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Her's is the best day......

Hers is the best day.

I love you.
That's the first and foremost.
Your face stares back at me in the mirror
More beautiful, more deserving
Blessed to be called your angel when its really the other way around. Living out both of our dreams and hoping I do them justice. I try to reflect the best of what was taught to me.
Grateful for everything that was
And wasn't
Bought for me.
Memories that will never be lost to me, or us.
Seen me at my worst and finest.
The latter is mostly the time we spend.
Even those these days, it dwindles
We have our own lives and you tell me to live mine a little.
Give me the words I need to hear to make my way out of these riddles.
Still trying to protect me like I was fresh off the tricycle.
Or the bottle.
Forever your baby even with this beard and barritone.
Even when I get on my rolling stone
My hat will still stay at home.
Thanks for it all.
The wise words and advise
The hard days and sick nights
Staying up late to watch me fall asleep
Not hating me for the jeep.
God gave this world a saint and told her to build a man
Made me everything that I am
And while I still strive to be better I can only hope that I've made you proud
Or made you smile.
Like you are right now.
Or we are, should I say.
Like we started, I love you
From your son, on your day.

No comments: