Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Young & Ignorant......


Esso: Lifestyles of The Young & Ignorant


I remember when I was like 16, I swore knew everything their was to know. A basic high school education and a driver license was all I needed. I was working on my first "album" using my grandmother computer and recording songs on a mic that was attached to the screen. I was banging out beats on acid just getting into the idea of sampling with no other reason but the love. Forming a group in your garage and trying to mimic record labels was not the average past time for other kids but I knew its what I wanted to do. 18, I swore I knew everything. Freshman in college, an artist in a art school. Meeting people I consider family outside of my family and starting to really follow what I feel is my path in this world. Time flyys when your having fun because 4 years later with arrests, drunken nights, new friends, old friends, 1000 parties, lost loves, new ones, randomness, come-ups, burnt blunts, h**s, shows, and a new appreciation for clothes behind me I'm at the same place I was then, feeling like I know everything. The only difference this time is that I know I don't, but I'm looking forward. I'm anticipating the unknown and I'm as ready for it as I can be. The world looks alot different then it did when I was 16, it looks bigger. Attitude is different too, changed from "I want it" to "I'm going to go get it". No limits, nothing stopping you but yourself. I don't know it all, but I know where I'm headed. I refuse to be told otherwise. So let's get it people. Whatever you desire, GO! Aquire. With fresh attire. Lol, (couldn't resist) Happy Bday to us.


T waddown! 5-7-87.

No comments: