Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Transitioning.....

Its ok to be scared.
To be afraid of being up this high, the ground walking away from you.
Afraid of what it would be like to fall.
Bracing yourself for impact,
But open your eyes, your still intact.
In one piece when everything else is trying to break you.
Whispered words behind you
About you.
Born to doubt you and make you do the same.
Like any attempt to better yourself is insane.
Why not stay on one level in the game.
Make bread? Who wants to go against the grain.
Well I do.
Looking at the world with eyes wide open.
Quiet conquest amongst these loud statues.
On 10 Confidence against these 1 worded swag holders.
Is it a wonder I'm headed for the sky with the world over my shoulders.
Although my thoughts are still hardly sober,
their clearer when I'm not though
I'm so driven, and life keeps giving keys
like I'd be crazy just to not go.
Even though fear grips me with every step I take
On uncharted land whether it exist in this life or love
Unsure of the unknown,
A Optimistic pessimist with a pension for introspection
Personal connections, good sex and enjoying oneself.
Smile on the outside because I've heard its good for your health.
On the inside its all worry, stress, khaled screaming "YOUR THE BEST"
and hunger for success
Prepared for anything, wake up in the morning and ask what's next.
And every day life answers me back, with another moment, I'm blessed.
Even when I swear, or don't care
Just aware, that even when the moment appears
and I'm finally there,
even then
Its ok to be scared.....

No comments: