Monday, August 4, 2008

Breath.......

The train rumbles across the steel tracks angrily pursuing its mission to nowhere. Hoping it, like the rest of us, can find its way home. Flying through space at the speed of light but all seems calm from inside. It screams at every stop pausing to open its doors and let us out. The night sky outside betrays the hour, 6:00 never seemed so dark before. We, forced together by the our destinations try so hard not to connect with the next person. We run as much as the train if not harder, our relief lets off at each stop knowing ours is closer. My relief, however is left at the beginning. It got off before I got on, not wanting to take the journey with me. Skyscrapers laugh as the train finds its way running further and further, its relief is left as well. We, so close to the next man lose ourselves in our own thoughts. A older man across from me stands and I wonder how many trips like this has he taken. Does he know the destintation as well as I or is his a different story. Another scream, and the elder man walks out the belly of the beast. Only to find himself fighting in another kind of jungle. Across from me sits a beautiful girl, beautiful, but tired. the train isn't as familiar to her. I wonder if I am but quickly renig the thought. "Not yet" I tell myself, laughing at the thought of things to come. she too finds herself watching the train fly past her. The doors close leaving only her echo, no connections on this ride. Its only cold steel that surrounds you and the invisible barrier surrounding every individual. No one knows who you are on this train, no one cares, and I appreciate the moments. As we approach the final exit I jam my thoughts into my backpack and head towards the doors, I guess my relief stayed with me afterall. The trains screams again hiding feelings of familiarity foreshadowing my return. We know eachother well. I stare out into the night sky unsure of where this particular journey had taken me. Plenty of time, 6:00 never looked so dark. The doors open to my footsteps as I walk out into the open arms of the evening. The doors close behind me and before I turn my back its gone. Its cool tho. Thnx for letting me breath.

No comments: