Friday, August 15, 2008

An unfinished dream......

I had a dream you were here when I woke up.
Staring back at me with eyes so beautifully yours. So sure,
touch my skin no cares of where I've been. Your mine and mines alone.
Forever we are, though I'm never home.
as I lay there staring into what I mistake for the stars,
your warm body touching the wounds and kissing the scars.
You lift me, pass the same peaks I reach at my highest,
and far from those bars I write at my flyest, pass intoxicated, we wave at my vices.
Smile at the world and laugh at its gas prices, me and my icis.
Pass the heels and the pimps, honor the will of the wind,
to somewhere past my fears and where to feel is a sin,
pass politics, tricks, and government pins,
I hope the destination is one I don't have to hate my government in.
Pass the wackness, member only jackets,
to where my culture ain't considered a racket,
stop at her smile, than find myself past it.
Watching the worlds own use each other for practice.
Past the broke hearts, sowing darts in a mattress,
tossing the world off me, you relieive your young atlas.
Say whatup to judge mathis, then we're back on our course,
through the mix and mind tricks of what I thought was the force,
u take me higher still, pass mountains and mundane,
but no fear cause u feel like from where I came. Good.
Past ism's through the door of being mis-understood,
past city girls who love Carie and country girls who prefer ms. Underwood.
I'm as lost as I've ever been, as we float across the cool we find hidden in the letter n,
soaring through dark nights in search a better grin, lol.
Its around here I begin to wonder, what is the destination,
is there one or is your insight just an over estimation, do I put too much hope in ya visitation, or your manifestation.......

Listening to Game "My Life"......

No comments: