Monday, August 18, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #6


Jay-Z "Girls, Girls, Girls"
Peep the projects origin here.

If it was up to me, I would put the whole Blueprint on the list. That was MY SHIT. I cleaned the crib, hit the club, went to class, went to the party, ect... to that album. I fucked up my original copy from playing it to much. I thought Jay-Z was dope, but that album made me a believer, and this song was my favorite. Nobody could've done this better than Jay and the song had everything. The Flow, the lyrics, the Hip Hop standard sample that Kanye brought back. Let me bounce around real quick. Kanye made me want to start making beats, like really making beats. At the time nobody knew I could rap, and there weren't alot of guys in highschool who could make good tracks, so I bought acid & fruityloops, put this album next to my computer and got to work. This song is so classic, I remember so many sundays listening to it on repeat. Then you throw in the fact that at the time I was just starting to get in deep with girls and you have the player anthem for 2001-02. This record is one of those forever jams. I'm going to be 65 and the songs going to come on, and I'm going to get up and grab my old wife and we're going to 2 step until it ends. Lol. For real.

No comments: