Friday, August 22, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #9


LL Cool J "I'm Bad"
Peep project origin here.

Hello Hip Hop. I was 3 years old when I heard this song. It was actually the video so I got the whole presentation. My mother was an LL fan, she use to play the "Bad" cassette in the car after we saw the video. This is what introduced me to Hip Hop man, it was like one of those moments, the gold chain, the beat, the anger and confidence in the rhyme scheme. The whole demeanor of the song made me a fan. This is was back before I was writing stories and rhymes, so I was strictly in love with the music. I thought LL was the dude, I wanted to be that guy in the video, rapping those words. I don't want to say this song made me want to rap, but it did put me on to Hip Hop music which led me to where I'm at now. Between this and going back to cali, my whole original style is derived from those two records. I guess I have to thank my moms for running her tape into the ground.

No comments: