Friday, August 15, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #4


Eminem "Cleaning out my closet"

Peep the project here.

You want some of the purest forms of inner expression, put in some Em. Everyone loved the Marshall Mathers LP or the 8 Mile soundtrack. I mean I did too, but my favorite album is The Eminem Show. This album made TO ME, was sickest, and this song was amazing. One, this song is so crazy because you feel like your right there with him. My father was a dead beat so the emotions he had for his mother I just transplanted over to my pops. This song made me want to dig as deep and use those emotions in my music rather than just holding them all in. Two, the way Eminem rapped over this track was so mean. I used his flow pattern for the next 2 years over every song because it was so incredible. The way he fit the words together to tell such a great story.....Eminem deserves to be called one of the best. This song is my "fuck em" song. Whenever I get into it with someone whereas the relationship is permanently damaged, I play this song. Its really more about the emotion than anything else. Eminem did it perfectly.


No comments: