Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #8

Peep project idea here.

Probably my most personal song. This song is like a year old and it is still one of my favorites. The Gift knocked the beat out the park. It was the first song I worked with him on and we were testing waters as far as artist/producer chemistry goes. The beat instantly talked to me(maybe it was gwen stefani but...) The song turned into a parting of the ways story. Each verse was me reminiscing about the connection or lack of connection I've had some closest people in my life. The first verse is to my mother, how much she helped in raising me and making me who I am today, and how I've reached that point where my journey is just starting and home isn't really home to me because I have to find my own place in this world. The second verse is to my father, and how I feel about him leaving me in this to fend for myself and for my family. I wouldn't be half as strong as I am now if it wasn't for that, but at the same time it messed up my interactions with people because I don't trust anyone. The third is to my ex, its crazy because at the time I felt like we were drifting apart because of jealousy and bullshit. 2 Taurus's in a relationship don't mix. Since we're apart now the song sort of has a deeper meaning in that aspect then before. This record is really close to me because even though I express my life through my music I'm still really guarded where some parts are concerned. This was me really revealing some of the things I've come from and how I felt.

No comments: