Monday, August 25, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #11

a href="http://aviatormadness.blogspot.com/2008/08/lemur-project-song-1.html">Peep project start here.

Lol, my first girlfriend loved Linkin Park. She made me listen to meteora for the longest time. Before her, I was stricly Hip Hop. I had other music that I listened to but at that time in my life I really just preferred beats and ryhmes banging in my cd player. But Linkin Park made me really pay attention to rock. I had heard of the strokes, they were like THE band for a long minute. But again, I wasn't really paying attention to anything outside of my comfort zone at the time. Linkin Park made me want to see what else was out there that I had been missing. I went back, I dug, listened to alot of great music, then Reptilia came out, and I turned the volume way way up. This is energy, this the foot on the gas, crank the radio, and fuck the world song. This song sort of pulled me from one genre into a vat of musical gumbo where I started getting a taste of everything. I don't know particularly what it was about this song that made me say everything goes, but that's just the energy you get from it. The bands drives and then Julian comes on and goes off. My favorite line "Please, don't slow me down if I'm going too fast" followed by that sick ass solo. I dunno man, I just really loved this song. Then they put it on guitar hero. lol.

No comments: