Monday, August 11, 2008

The Lemur Project: Song #2


Michael Jackson "Billy Jean"

First of all. Screw everyone who says this isn't one of the greatest pop songs ever written. Secondly, if you are one of those people, wake up. This really is one of the catchiest songs ever written, and I've tried to emulate the formula that Micheal and Quincy stumbled upon. I feel like every part of this song is its own hook and the way those two put this together was genius. You want my introduction into music, thank micheal. Moms loved hip hop but she loved Michael more, this song in particular. This is my childhood, growing up listening to all of his records. Say what you want about him today but in the 80's Mike created the modern day Pop Star. Everyone we listen to now all want to be this man. This song broke boundaries and the video changed television. Do you think all of that would be possible if it wasn't great. I want to write this song, I think my whole journey as an artist and songwriter has been to write this song. Too bad its already been made.

No comments: