Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Lemur Project: #5



Notorious B.I.G "Juicy"

Peep the project details here.

Sing it with me, "It was all a dream, I use to read word up magazine. Salt and Pepper and Heavy D up in the limosine. Hanging pictures on my wall, every saturday rap attack, mr. magic, marley marl...." I remember riding around with my friend and his older brother. He use to keep this on repeat, and I was in the back just vibing. When I got older my friends and I use to rap into one of those kereokee recorders and we did the wackest freestyles of all time to this song. It just felt good, its really a classic from rags to riches song in the Hip Hop world. He defined everys kids dream growing up. Biggie made me want to really rap because he was a beast. I wasn't really into Nas yet, I'd heard of him, but I was really about the music as a whole and the sample they used for the juicy record fit perfectly. My mother gave this record a chance just because of the sample. You wanted to hear biggie tell it about how he made it and he made you want to make it too. I swear, when I get the opportunity to truly live out my dreams I'm blasting this song non-stop. If you don't know, now you know.

1 comment:

Rebecca V. O'Neal said...

this is the ultimate - I'M FINALLY ON song...