Monday, August 18, 2008

Lupe Fiasco @ Park West....








So I went to the Lupe concert the other day randomly. Shout out to my dude Anthony for hitting me with the ticket. 2G was up there already so luckily I didn't have to wait in the line that was stretched out to like around the the corner. Also lucky for ME was the fact that I got there just in time for the doors to open. The space was real casual and more personal than the last time I saw a Lupe performance (Glow in the dark.) But yea, Karina Paisan opened up for him (and shorty is a beast) she got that song, 16 @ War. It was funny because she made me think about the fact that alot of these kids are now 90's babys. They never saw a touch of the 80's and it makes me feel old even though I'm only circa 87'. Lupe came out with a full band backing him and Sarah and Gemini and KILLED it. He did all the hits putting all of his energy into every joint. Inspired my dude. But yea, then it was over, Lu reminded me of why I thought he was the second best thing since Hov to Hip Hop. Kicked it with Gemstones a little bit after the show and then that was it. I got a gyro, and went to the crib. Good show. Good sunday. Peace.

No comments: